Find below a question bank from the chapter GRAVITATION of class 9. Portions up to the syllabus for Summative assessment 1 only is included. The answers are not published herewith. Students are advised to solve the questions and problems and post the questions which they are not able to answer properly or have some doubt with the answer.
Very short answer type questions
- What is the average value of acceleration due to gravity on earth?
- What is the value of gravitational constant on (a) earth (b) moon?
- Does the acceleration of a freely falling body depend on the mass of the body?
- Name the scientist who gave the three laws of planetary motion.
- Name the scientist who explained the motion of planets on the basis of gravitational force between the sun & planets.
- State the Kepler’s III law .
- Which of the Kepler’s laws of planetary motion led Newton to establish the universal law of gravitation?
- Name the property of earth which is responsible for extremely small acceleration being produced in it as a result of attraction by other small objects.
- What is the acceleration produced in a freely falling body of mass 10 kg?
- Give the formula for the gravitational force between two bodies of masses M1 and M2 kept at a distance d apart.
- Which force holds the solar system together?
(To be continued)
“Think on what you Learn :: In Physics Questioning every Answer is more important than answering Every Question”
Learning without thinking deeply about it and not relating to already known facts is not permanent.
Ask Questions about new concepts learned and don’t rest until you get a satisfactory answer.
Don’t be shy in asking questions.
“Only those questions are foolish which are not asked”
You will find new dimensions and directions when you contemplate on what you learn or read.
Wish you all a happy learning experience atCBSE Physics
MIT Researchers have developed a new solar thermal fuel that could store up to 10,000 times more energy than previous systems. The fuel consits os CNT modified with azobenzene. The finding is still in development stage.
Read more details at http://physicsworld.com/cws/article/news/46620