The results of Class XI is shamefully low since the introduction of CCE in classes up to class X. The CCE ensures pass of every student. It is further emphasized that the student should get admission in the same school. This criteria make the students less responsible and they get good percentage in class X without much knowledge expected of that level.
The students mainly get good grades in formative assessments in which most of the activities are performed in groups. Almost all students of the group are getting almost identical marks and grades. So, even a weak student gets good grades because he is part of the group. These grades scored by him ensures his admission to science group in class XI. Only when the result of Class XI comes he realizes that he is not fit for the science group (or any other group he has chosen).
The teachers of class XI are more worried where the administration wants 100% result out of these students with little aptitude towards the subject. It is high time that the system be reviewed and ensure that only students with aptitude towards science steam come in Science group as well as other streams.
You responses in this regard are welcome. All students and teachers as well as parents are requested to take part in this discussion. Post your views and responses as comments to this post.
- Debate on Efficacy of Cce Heating Up (education2home.com)
- CCE is more burden than earlier evaluation system (education2home.com)
- How was CBSE Science Exam for Class X? (physics.2lv.in)
- Class 10 CBSE Science Summative Assessment II (physics.2lv.in)
- CBSE issues guidelines for standard 11 admissions (cbsephysics.2lv.in)
- CBSE working closely with State for CCE (thehindu.com)