Magnetic Effects of Current and Magnetism
Max. Marks :: 30 Time:: 75 minutes
1 mark questions
- State the Principle of a cyclotron
- Calculate the range of an ammeter of resistance 24 ohms and can allow a maximum current of 500mA through its coil, when shunted by a resistance of 3 ohms.
- Write the dimensional formula of μ0
- Define 1 ampere as defined in SI (based on force between two straight parallel conductors of infinite length)
- State Fleming’s left hand rule.
- State the principle of a moving coil galvanometer
- Why a cyclotron cannot be used to accelerate electrons.
- Write the resistance of (a) an ideal ammeter (b) an ideal voltmeter.
2 Marks Questions
- Derive an expression for cyclotron frequency.
- Write the difference between paramagnetism and ferromagnetism
- State the factors affecting the strength of an electromagnet.
- Calculate the magnetic moment of the electron in the ground state of hydrogen atom.
3 marks questions
- State Ampere’s circuital law and apply it to find the magnetic field inside a torroid.
- Discuss the equivalence of a bar magnet and a current carrying solenoid.
- What are the magnetic elements of earth. Define each.
5 Marks Questions
- State Biot Savart law and apply it to find the magnetic field at a point on the axis of a circular loop carrying current.