Class – XI
Time – 3 Hrs. Marks – 70
General Instructions :
i) All questions are compulsory.
ii) Q. s 1 to 8 carry 1 makes each. Answer them in one word or in about on sentence.
iii) Q. s 9 to 18 carry 2 marks each. Answer these in about 30 words each.
iv) Q. s 19 to 27 carry 3 marks each. Answer these in about 40 words each.
v) Q. s 28 to 30 are long answer questions carrying 5 marks each.
vi) Use long table if necessary, use of calculator is not permitted.
1. Write IUPAC name of the following compound : 1
2. Write down the formula of the monomer of silicone. 1
3. What would be the effect of increasing pressure on the equilibrium. 1
PCl5 (g) = Pcl3 (g) + Cl2 (g) ?
4. What is the oxidation number of oxygen in Na2O2 ? 1
5. What would be the sign of S for the process 2H (g) à H2 (g) ? 1
6. What is compressibility factor of a gas ? 1
7. Configuration of ion M+2 is Is2 2s2 2p5 what is configuration of atom M? 1
8. How many oxygen atoms would be there in 1 mole of H2SO4 ?
b) What is the function of AlCl3 (anhyd) in Friedel Crafts reaction ? 1
10. How N and S are detected when present in an organic compound together ? (Reaction only) 2
Which is the electrophillic centre in CH3Br and why ?
11. Why lithium does not form a superoxide but potassium does ? 2
Why BeSO4 is water soluble but BaSO4 is not ?
12. Balance the following redox feaction by ion 2
Electron method :
Cr2 O7-2 + Fe+2 à Fe+3 + Cr+3 in acidic medium.
13. a) What is the change in internal energy in a process in which 700J of heat is absorbed and 450J of work is done by the system ?
b) Define a spontaneous process in terms of Gibbs energy. 1
14. Show by MO concept which one out of O2 and O2+ would be more stable. 2
Explain all the orbital overlaps in a molecule of ethene (C2H4) by drawing a sutitable diagram.
15. Calculate the mass of (NH4)2 S required to prepare 200 ml of O.1 molar aqueous solution.
(N = 14, H = 1, S = 32)
16. a) Write down the IUPAC name and symbol of the element with at no 119. 1
b) Why Cl has more negative electron gain enthalpy then F in group 17 ? 1
17. Arrange the species : F–, O-2, N-3, Mg + 2, Al + 3 and Na+ in the increasing order of ionic radii and give reason. 2